Brunkeberg is proud to be featured in the publication "Construction Robots - Elementary Technologies and Single-Task Construction Robots". This comprehensive book provides an excellent overview of the robot technologies currently in used in the worldwide construction industry to improve productivity.
It was written byby Prof. Brock and Dr. Linner at the Technical University of Munich´s Faculty for Architecture and is published by Cambridge University.
- Prof. Thomas Bock, Technische Universität München
- Dr Thomas Linner, Technische Universität München
- Technical University of Munich, Faculty for Architecture, Chair of Building Realization and Robotics
Learn how Single-Task Construction Robots (STCRs) can improve productivity in the construction industry with this cross-disciplinary text.
This third volume in the Cambridge Handbooks in Construction Robotics series discusses the STCRs (Single-Task Construction Robots) employed on construction sites since the development of the approach in the 1980s, presents current applications, and highlights upcoming trends in the construction automation and robotics field.
Two hundred different types of STCR are presented, from the simplest models comprising simple manipulators and mobile platforms, to those utilizing more sophisticated technologies such as aerial robotics, swarm robotics, exoskeletons, additive manufacturing technologies, self-assembling building structures, and humanoid robotics.
Real-world case studies demonstrate the different application scenarios for each approach, and highlight the key implementation and management issues. With an easy-to-follow structure, and including hundreds of color illustrations, it provides an excellent toolkit for professional engineers, researchers, and students.
- Provides a new interpretation of architecture and construction as a manufacturing industry that deals with product rather than with buildings - from building 'construction' to building 'production'
- Follows a cross-disciplinary approach that relates traditional architectural and construction knowledge the with latest knowledge from manufacturing, automation and robot technology
- Oriented towards technology application, using real-world case studies to show application scenarios for each presented approach or technology